Sunday, October 14, 2012

heating up the back burner

Among the projects that reside in the Permanent Collection at the Ministry of Projects is the hunting of my Harvard Law School Republican Party Operative Corporate Attorney Dedicated Wagnerite Grandad into his mysterious radical past. So if you want me to buy a book, go ahead, put some Paterson Silk Strike artwork on it, place it at eye level on my way to the Proust section, and it will soon be mine. \m/ to Penguin for pulling this out of the Wayback Machine. 



It goes nicely with this volume I stumbled across in the Anarchy section at Left Bank Books on our recent travels. Note to the non-Murdoch press: If you updated the rhetorical style and changed the names (Exxon and BP used to be Standard Oil, anyway), you could pretty much just republish these articles instead of having to write whole new ones.




2 comments:

  1. I think I'm in the wrong subfield. Books about Puritans never get covers as cool as the one for the Poole book.

    ReplyDelete