Monday, March 16, 2015

imps of counter-programming at work

You'd think, with the all wonders of communication technology we have to hand, and all the days available in the week, and what with the Sumerians obligingly inventing the calendar to avoid this kind of thing, that Carnegie Hall would manage not to schedule their JDD / Lawrence Brownlee / Laura Claycomb* concert at the exact same time as the La Donna del Lago HD encore, but here we are.

The aforementioned Carnegie Hall gig will be webcast here at 8pm ET on Wednesday. I'll be at the Millionplex. On the off chance they won't be archiving it, I trust you all know what to do :-)

PS: Many thanks to Lotus Eater for posting the headsup.

*replacing Nicole Cabell

7 comments:

  1. Donna del Lago is definitely worth it, I saw it Saturday and loved it. JDD's aria at the end...WOW.

    Does WQXR usually archive their broadcasts? I'll be at an event but would love to hear this 1) because I love JDD, and 2) I went to college with Claycomb and it's always fun to catch her (likewise Beth Clayton) when I can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think they do, but I'm hoping to hedge my bet :-) Will post a link if we luck out.

      Delete
  2. Cool, thanks! I seem to remember listening to programs they've done after they've been live? I hope so!

    ReplyDelete
  3. may i also put a request here in case anyone captured the radio broadcast of donna del lago? :-) would like to hear but waking up on time last saturday was just impossible
    also miss recital today at carnegie (was attempting to throw some ball in the pool!), hopefully they'll leave it up like the last one of hers (which was superb!) -td

    ReplyDelete